Wednesday 16 May 2018

Back to Phaplu: Going with the transportation flow

May 11, 2018 

Our drive from Sotang to Phaplu was eventful. We had booked a jeep for 7:30 am but for a number of reasons we did not leave Sotang until 9:30. We said our goodbyes to Chaita, Shreedhowj and Babita, and off we went. 



We asked our drive to stop at the Dudh Kosi so that we could take pictures. 


We had a gorgeous view of the mountains as we drove up the mountain to our tea place.



The ride was smooth and we were making good time when we were stopped by a tractor that was blocking the road. It had run out of gas and the driver had just left it sitting there. After an attempt to make room for our jeep to drive around it (which did  not work) we suggested that the driver put the tractor into neutral and back it up and off to the side of the road. A number of young men, our driver included, pushed the tractor off the road and off we went.




Shortly afterward we stopped again as there was a line of jeeps parked on the side of the road.
We quickly learned that there was a large landslide the day before and they were still working to clear the road. The jeeps in front of us had been waiting in their jeeps all night for the road to reopened. 






We got out and walked around. We met a local woman, who recognized Pema as the nurse who had taken care of her sick relatives at the hospital. She made us coffee and gifted Pema with a bag of her home grown millet. Our driver told us it would be cleared in 1 hour, almost 4 hours later we were on the road again. It was just about dark and our driver was clearly impatient to get to Phaplu. We had to remind him to drive slowly after he drove too fast around a corner and almost hit another jeep.

There was lots of traffic and the road was very dusty. We finally made it to Phaplu by 7:45 pm. Just in time for a delicious dinner of chicken momos prepared for us by Rashmita. We were so happy to be able to shower and sleep in extremely comfortable beds after being in the jeep all day.


Distance travelled 80 km. Duration of travel: 10 hours

1 comment:

  1. Happiness is all i see now I never thought that I will be cured from HERPES virus again. I have been suffering from a deadly disease (HERPES) for the past 3 years now, I had spent a lot of money going from one places to another, from churches to churches, hospitals have been my home every day residence. Constant checks up have been my hobby not until this faithful day, I was searching through the internet, I saw a testimony on how Dr Ogudugu helped someone in curing his HERPES disease, quickly I copied his email which is greatogudugu@gmail.com just to give him a test I spoke to him, he asked me to do some certain things which I did, he told me that he is going to provide the herbal cure to me, which he did, then he asked me to go for medical checkup after some days after using the herbal cure, behold I was free from the deadly disease, he only asked me to post the testimony through the whole world, faithfully am doing it now, please brothers and sisters, he is great, I owe him in return. If you are having a similar problem just email him on ( greatogudugu@gmail.com ) or you can whatsApp his mobile number on +27663492930

    ReplyDelete